Tuesday, January 8, 2013

A VERY SPECIAL THANK YOU from a recipient of a bereavement blanket

As many of you know, I try to keep up with the local paper and send a blanket to a child who's lost a parent or sibling.    In fact, in 2012, we sent out 44 blankets. 

Here's a lovely note that I received from a parent:


I would like to thank who ever however this happened. I arrived home today and there was a package at my back door, from the Project Linus Cumberland/York County. I opened the box not knowing what was inside of it and pulled out two homemade quilts for my girls. They lost their father about 3 weeks ago. He had a heart attack and was only 40 and the love of his life was his two little girls.

 When I handed the two quilts to the girls their faces just lit up and wrapped themselves in the blankets right away. My youngest who is 6, fell asleep under it tonight! My oldest who is 10 wouldn't let it go. I cannot tell you what a wonderful feeling that came over me when all of this happened. I have not seen them relaxed and comfortable like that in the past 3 weeks.


I am not a religious person but you folks are a gift from heaven right now! You made my girls night and for that I just don't know what to say but for once the tears that I had tonight were tears of joy!
You are all wonderful people! I just cannot say enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment