Tuesday, January 29, 2013

THANK YOU NOTES FROM SPRING HARBOR

I just received some amazing notes from patients at Spring Harbor who have received our blankets.  Spring Harbor uses our blankets as a part of the therapy for their children.  For many of these kids, it may be one of the rare times that they have something that's just for them - and they get to choose the one they want.         

For this facility, we provide only fleece blankets, mostly a medium or teen size.  In 2012, we provided 339 blankets to this facility.    Thanks to all who have made this happen.           

These notes sum up why we make these blankets.


This card has a pencil sketch of flowers on the front:
    
     Similiar to the flowers that bring light and beauty on dark and cloudy days, the blanket I received from The Linus Project upon my visit at Spring Harbor reminds me everyday that there will always be color and comfort, even through cold and dark times in life.

                Thank you so much, A


Thank you so much for all the awesome blankets that you've made for all of us!  Mine made my bed look so much cheerier and brought a little ray of sunshine into my life.

                                              Thank you, B


Thank you so much for the blankets you provided for us when we first arrived here at Spring Harbor!  It really made my new room seem more like home.  Coming to a pace like this is definitely not easy, so even the small gesture of a blanket really made a big impact on how I felt upon arrival.  

                                      Again, thank you so much, J


Thank you so much for your amazing thoughtfulness and consideration.  Being in the hospital, it makes a compete and total difference to have a great blanket to call my own!

The time and effort you put on these blankets are incredible and it shows how much you care about us.

                                        A very grateful patient!


When I first came here I was scared and for me to say that is a lot but, when I came here and got a blanket, it made me feel loved and that everyone really does care.  Thank you for taking time to make blankets for us.  I know you don't have to but the fact that you do means you care, and to me, that helps. 

The blanket made me feel like there was hope and it gave me strength and it helps with my nightmares.

                                Thank you very much


Thank you for the blanket!  When they brought me to pick one out, I was very sad and it cheered me up a bit.  I really like it and I think it's great what you're doing.  Every night it keeps me warm and it's very pretty.

                                     Thank you very much :)


Thank you so, so much for spending the time and money on these amazing blankets.  It means a lot to a lot of people.  Especially me.  It gives me hope that there is still some good left in people.  These blankets are very special to all those who have them, and I highly appreciate your efforts to support people in need.  You are really making a difference!  Please continue doing what you're doing and enjoy the fact that you made a troubled child/teen's day 10 times better by making them an extremely special blanket. 

It really can brighten my day, knowing someone out there cares about kids and teens with almost invisible disabilities. 

                    Thank you so much.  You're amazing!


Thank you very much for the blanket!  It was nice to have when I first came in, and I was scared.  It's very comfortable.     :)

No comments:

Post a Comment