Monday, August 13, 2012

"Notes from Spring Harbor" Please take the time to read.

Please take the time to read these heartfelt notes from children at Spring Harbor.  The Spring Harbor facility is our second largest recipient site next to Maine Medical Center.  The children are allowed to choose a fleece blanket for their own.  In fact, the facility includes the blanket in their program. 


Thank you for giving me the blanket!  I really appreciate all the work you put in to make all those!  Thanks again Project Linus!              Love, E


Dear Project Linus.  Thank you for the blankets.  It ment a lot to me that someone would care enough to make them!  You are awesome!  Keep up the good work!       M


I just wanted to say thank you for the blanket, Project Linus!  It was really thoughtful and I appreciate it a lot.        Z


Thank you Project Linus for the blankets they keep me warm at night


Dear Project Linus, Thank you for the blanket.  The blanket means a lot to me.  Once again thank you.       Sincerely K


I just wanted to say than you for putting your time and effort into making me and others these wonderful and amazing blankets.  My blanket is very comforting and I love the cool way you put it together.  And how you tie the blankets on the end.  I hope all of the other kids enjoy their blankets to.                  Thanks, E


For the warm and fluffy blankets.  They are so cuddly and did I mention warm!?  I love mine and will cherrish it forever for the hard work that went into it     With (heart) S


I'd like to thank you for thinking of the kids like me at Spring Harbor and making us blankets.  It was very thoughtful of you to spend the time and effort to make them.  I love my new blanket.  I sleep with it every night.     Thank you so much!  A


Thanks Project Linus.  I really appreciate those blankets, their so comfy.  It means a lot really.  It feels great to have someone who cares and goes to such lengths to provide awesome blankets.  Keep up the great work!       Love R


To the person who made my blanket, thank you so much for your hard work making the blanket.  I really like it.               From B


Thank you!  Thank you Project Linus for the great blankets!!  They're very cozy & warm.  A very great thig to cuddle with.  Thaks for thinking of us.      L


Thank chu for da blankets!  Thank you for your kindness and generosity.  Da blankets are so warm and fluffy I could die!  Naw, just kidding!  They are warm and fluffy thought.    So as thanks I will draw the most delicious cake ever.       B


Thank you for the blanket.  The message on it was heart warming  It's nice to know that people I don't even know care.  I smiled and re-read the note on the blanket at least 5 times in the past 2 minutes.  Whenever I'm upset and feeling like the world walks out on me I'll look back at this and be thankful someone does care.  We need more people like you lady's in this world.  I'm bitter and even your message got through to me.  I will forever cherish this blanket and it will forever be with me.  I can't thank you enough for the smiles you have brought me, and will continue to everytime I read the note or look at the blanket.  Thanks again for lighting up my day.  You are great.  K 



The message that this young person is talking about is the poem that we attach to the blankets. 


1 comment:

  1. Aw.....loved the thank you notes!

    Sandra, a blanketeer

    ReplyDelete